Download Submittal for Slotted Deflection Track
Slotted Deflection Track is a CFS top track manufactured to prevent cracking of finishes applied to interior partition framing resulting from deflection of structure above. This is achieved by fastening studs to top track through provided slots, allowing fastener vertical movement of up to 1 ½”. Fasten each stud flange through slots using #8 or #10 screws by minimum 9/16” long, wafer head, self tapping or self-drilling.There shall be no attachment through the slotted track that will impair movement. Testing and approval is in accordance with ANSI/UL 2079, "Tests for Fire Resistance of Building Joint Systems."
Product Data:Material Thickness:
• DW 25 GA = 18 mil / 0.0179” G40 Coated
• DW 20 GA = 30 mil / 0.0312” G40 Coated
• 20 GA = 33 mil / 0.0329” G60 Coated (G90 available)
• 18 GA = 43 mil / 0.0428” G60 Coated (G90 available)
• 16 GA = 54 mil / 0.0538” 50 KSI G60 Coated (G90 available)
• 14 GA = 68 mil / 0.0677” 50 KSI G60 Coated (G90 available)
• 12 GA = 97 mil / 0.0966” 50 KSI G60 Coated (G90 available)
• 10 GA = 118 mil / 0.1180” 50 KSI G60 Coated (G90 available)
Yield Strength: 33 kips per square inch (KSI) minimum for 43 mil and thinner.
ASTM and Code Standards:
Super Stud products comply with the applicable provisions of the following:
International Building Code (IBC) 2006 - 2015
Sheet Steel: ASTM A1003 and ASTM A653
Galvanized Coating: ASTM A653
Members and Tolerances: ASTM C645 (nonstructural) C955 (structural)
Meets ASTM C754 and C1007 when installed properly in structure
UL designs: HW-D-0632, HW-D-0633
3rd Party Certification: Manufacturing verified and inspected by Home Innovation Research Labs, Inc., and Underwriters Laboratories (UL).